When a workshop is completed, you can export the contents to an excel workbook that does two great things for you;
- Prevents write up - no more translating sticky-note-scrawls of single words that made sense an hour ago, but are now meaningless
- Provides all the underlying data for the workshop
The way it works is as follows.
When the workshop completes, there is a button to 'Export Workshop':
When you click on this, you are presented with an confirmation, and when you click 'Export' an excel download is created. This will have a number of tabs in it depending on your workshop configuration:
- Workshop config will display all of the high-level config for the workshop, including name, description, methods selected and key question
- Shares - if you had a method in the share phase, all the shares will be available on this tab
- Workshop themes - if you had a frame method, all of the items added to the frame tool will be here, as well (for multi-dimensional methods like SWOT or Rose Thorn Bud) what group they were in, and what name they were given as a theme for the rest of the workshop
- Ideas - All data associated to the ideas is in this tab, including name, description, groups any scoring information and a count of any actions raised against it
- Actions - if there are any actions raised against an idea, these will be listed on this tab.